Friday, July 14, 2006

Letter received 07/14/06 (1)

Dated July 9, 2006

Dear Everyone,
The last few days have been hard. We have screwed up a lot, and payed dearly for it. Just yesterday I got to "play in the sand" because people around me were sleeping and I tried to wake them up during class. I got sent three times in less than an hour. Then we got into trouble because we screwed up the initial drill. The initial drill is bascially a test of the platoons ability to drill. I am not sure but I think we failed. Then today we had to sweep the deck with tiny brushes called scuss brushes. Then we mop the floor with towels, and the entire time our knees are not allowed to touch the deck.

The only inspiration I am running on now comes from God and the letters you write me. So send me a lot of letters, they are very rejuvenating. Mom I was reading the blog you sent me and about broke down into tears when you wrote about Madison asking where I was. I had no idea that I meant so much to you all. Just reading your letters makes me feel special. So mom, dad, Manda, Beka, Josh, Vanessa, Andrew and Martin, write me lots of letters because they help a lot. Pray for me because I have the gas chamber on Tuesday and the three mile hump on saturday, so it is going to be a very hard week. I love you all. Write me a lot, and send pictures.

Love,
USMC Rct. Tim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home