Monday, July 10, 2006

Letter received 07/10/06

This letter was dated 7-7-06

Hi everyone,
I miss all of you. First things first, I'm going to get mom's questions out of the way. Yes, I have gotten in trouble. I've been quarterdecked about 4 times, but it wasn't for anything major. At times when I get tired, I regret my decision to join, or like days like today when everyone screws up and we spend the entire time getting screamed at. Yes, everyone from the charlotte office is in my platoon. No, I haven't cried yet, they don't take too kindly to that. Oh hey, by the way, mom, you can throw away those shoes because they are old and they stink, plus dad has expressed his discomfort in them being there.

Today we did more class and martial arts training. Which I stink at. We also had PT this morning. We ran two miles, a whole lot of push ups and pull ups and crunches along with some other stuff.

Tell Mason and Madison that I said happy birthday and I can't wait to see them. The fourth of July display was awesome the other night. It went on for about 15 minutes. The only problem was we lost a lot of sleep.

I need ya'll to pray for me and the platoon because we have alot of major things coming up, such as the gas chamber, the confidence course, and initial drill plus a few other things. If you can please send me a family picture I can put in my locker. Well I am out of time. It's time for bed so good night, I love you all.

Love,
Tim

P.S. Send me lots of letters, they are very helpful.

2 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Blogger MarineMom said...

Oh my goodness new Marine mom! You got a LOT of info in that letter from your son! He must be doing very well to want to write that much LOL. I remember waiting for those letters (that had altogether too little info in them!) from my baby boy and wondering if I was going to make it through his boot camp!! Don't worry though, it sounds as if your son is doing well and he will succeed at this!

If you want to talk please email me at faefyre@hotmail.com ! I know several groups that can help you make it through this and I would be willing to see if there are any Marine parent groups in your area that would be helpful.

I know saying 'don't worry too much' won't do much good. But know that I am saying a prayer for your fine young man and I am confident that he will make a great Marine! You will be SO PROUD of him when you watch that EGA being pinned on his hat at his graduation! I get goosebumps just thinking about it! He WILL CRY then, at least half of the guys do.
As well as all the moms in the stands!

Good luck and write when you get a chance!

hugs from another Marine MOM
Tami

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Teresa said...

Tami:
Thank you so much for your support and encouragement. It is really vital to my sanity to have encouragement and daily interaction with other MCM (marine corps moms) My church has been amazing in support. Fortunately, one of our deaconds is a retired DI from PI and still goes there often and checks in. His prayers and intercession has been a lifeline.
Thanks again,
Talk soon
T

 

Post a Comment

<< Home