Saturday, July 08, 2006

Saturday, July 8, 2006


T-11 First aid IV, V, & VI. This will be a long day. Hopefully Tim will enjoy the classes.

It is 5:22 am and I cannot sleep. This will be the first weekend that I have a wedding planned that Tim will not be here to assist me with. He is strong in getting things moved and displayed. I will miss his help considerably tomorrow. This will be a Sunday event and it is something I don't normally like to do. This event was originally cancelled and then was rescheduled. This job has the potential to bring several more jobs to the table. I need that right now.

I believe Tim is probably beginning to settle in. If he doesn't write soon I am going to go out of my mind. Our children don't realize the impact of not keeping in touch can have on their parents. I was hoping to hear from Tim yesterday. It has been over a week since a letter came.

Andrew, our youngest son is missing his brother and is constantly looking for ways to fill his day. He has spent a lot of time with his other brother and sisters. That has helped. He also spends a lot of time with Cassey, his girlfriend. I can tell that it is really bothering him that Tim is away. They have been best "buds" since I brought Andrew home from the hospital when he was two days old. Of course they occasionally fight. That is to be expected. But they are like two peas in a pod when it comes to school, play or other activities. They neither look alike nor have the same temperament but best friends all the same. During the summer months when school is out the boys liked to hike or walk through the neighborhood several times a day. When Tim entered the DEP last summer, Andrew often ran with Tim. Tim had to acheive 1.5 miles in less than 13 minutes. His last run before he left was 11.4 minutes.

It is 1:02 pm and I am watching for the postman(postlady?) When will this ever go away.

I have a card on my desk from a friend and I try to read it daily. It says, "Hope lifts us up". I am banking on that.

I never knew that having a loved one in the military during unsettled times could affect a person so much. I know that I have not been as supportive to my niece Jamie as I should have been. Her husband is on his third tour of Iraq. God protect Brad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home