Thursday, July 13, 2006

Thursday July 13, 2006


T-15 Confidence Course, Corps values. Day 24

Tim asked that we pray for him on this training. He is concerned for his success. I have prayed many times and my sunday school class has too.

Rebekah finally sent him a letter. Amanda did last week and she added new pictures of baby Coen. She sent him a letter on Saturday also. Joshua has not had time, or so he says. We send something everyday in hopes that we get something everyday. It isn't happening. If you are a family member and had promised to write Tim, please do so. He is homesick. I hear it in his letters. He says the letters help.

Currently it is 3:17 am. I am awake early again. These long nights are happening regularly.

There are a lot of history classes coming up. I hope he does well. He is almost to the 1/3 way finished. 10 days home will seem very brief.

It is 10:10 am. A friend and prayerful intercessor sent me an email that I want to share.
This is known as the Soldiers Psalm. I put Tim's name in to personalize it and make it real to me and Tim. May the Lord show me now.

Psalm 91 (King James Version)
Psalm 91
1 He (Tim) that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I (Tim) will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
3 Surely he shall deliver thee (Tim) from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
4 He shall cover thee (Tim) with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou (Tim) trust: his truth shall be thy (Tim’s)shield and buckler.
5 Thou (Tim) shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
7 A thousand shall fall at thy(Tim’s) side, and ten thousand at thy (Tim’s) right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee (Tim).
8 Only with thine (Tim) eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
9 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my (Tim’s) refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
10 There shall no evil befall thee (Tim), neither shall any plague come nigh thy (Tim’s) dwelling.
11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee (Tim), to keep thee (Tim) in all thy ways.
12 They shall bear thee (Tim) up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
13 Thou (Tim) shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou (Tim) trample under feet.
14 Because he (Tim) hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him (Tim): I will set him (Tim) on high, because he (Tim) hath known my name.
15 He (Tim) shall call upon me, and I will answer him (Tim): I will be with him (Tim) in trouble; I will deliver him (Tim), and honour him (Tim).
16 With long life will I satisfy him (Tim), and shew (Tim) him my salvation.

The conclusion of the email my friend wrote these words.

Ps. 91 is called the Soldier’s Psalm.
We are told that in World War I, the soldiers of the 91st Brigade recited the 91st Psalm daily.
This brigade engaged in three of the war’s bloodiest battles. Other units suffered up to 90% casualties, but the 91st Brigade did not suffer a single combat-related death. God is willing and able to keep His words of covenant promise. Plead God’s Psalm 91 shield daily.
Confidently claim
His
REST, REFUGE, SAFETY, COVERING, FAITHFULNESS, FREEDOM FROM FEAR,
ANGELIC WATCHERS, DELIVERANCE, AND PROTECTION.

PRAYER IS THE WAR. GOD’S WORD IS THE WEAPON.

Remember that Isaiah 55:11 says,
“So will MY WORD be which goes forth from MY MOUTH; it will NOT return to Me empty, without accomplishing what I desire, and without succeeding in the matter for which sent it.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home