Thursday, June 29, 2006

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Even though I am more accepting of Tim's absence now, I NEVER want to lose the fervent desire to continually pray for him. Would any young mother willingly take her eyes off a wandering child? Like that mother, I want a Holy eye continuously following Tim. And if I need to tug God's ear often, I will. Tim is in boot camp. I am in praying mom camp.

This morning I tuned into Beth Moore and low and behold she was speaking to me. I have been paralyzed with fear. Beth told of an old friend who had called and requested that her and Keith pray for his family. He also said he was afraid he was "projecting an old fear on a new day". WOW! Is this what I am doing? God's timing in this is awesome. So divine. I have been paralyzed from walking with the Lord. Even though I trust God, I was allowing history to cripple me into blockading God's blessing and instruction. It is a new day! Satan (the defeated one) has only the power to deceive and that deception paralyzes us from walking with the Lord.

Isaiah 43:18-19 "Remember ye not the former things, neither consider things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing: now it shall spring forth; shall ye know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert."

II Timothy 1:7 (KJV) For God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love and of a sound mind.

Satan deceives with a spirit of fear. And while I allowed him to paralyze me, the enemy had his feet on my promised land. We are on a new path. This whole family.

Joshua 1:4b-5 "that ye may know the way by which ye must go: for ye have not passed this way heretofore. And Joshua said unto the people, sanctify yourselves: for tomorrow the Lord will do wonders among you."

A new day. A new path. A new prayer.

God show us your power. Guide us on your path. Affirm our feet. Teach us to pray. In Jesus name, Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home