Thursday, August 31, 2006

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

T-56, day 72

First day of crucible. Note the schedule change. The crucible will now be from Wednesday-Friday at Parris Island.

As I headed to work this morning, all I could think about was the crucible and Ernesto. It nearly crippled me with fear. After being up most of the night, praying, reading and walking it was all I could do to focus and drive. Then it came to me...This is what our recruits are feeling. I am reading Beth Moores book on breaking free from spiritual strongholds, and the very part I read about last night, I was experiencing today.

From the book...A stronghold is anything that exalts itself in our minds, "pretending" to be bigger or more powerful than our GOD. It steals much of our focus and causes us to feel overpowered. Controlled. Mastered. Whether the stronghold is an addiction, unforgiveness toward a person who has hurt us, or despair over a loss, it is something that consumes so much of our emotional and mental energy that abundant life is strangled--our callings remain largely unfulfilled and our believing lives are virtually ineffective. Needless to say, these are the enemy's precise goals.

WOW!

We are one with Christ. Why am I allowing the enemy to rob me of my joy? The Bible tells us, God will not put on us more than we can bear. OK.So, our recruits can bear the crucible. God has them in his hands. He holds the world. Just think of what these recruits will have endured. The Crucible is their passage to becoming a Marine. The crucible during a hurricane is their passage into becoming tried, and tested Christians that hold the title of a US Marine. GOD IS STILL IN CONTROL!

Father, forgive my unbelief of your encompassing arms. Thanks you for victory. Thank you for reminding me of your power and your presence. Please wrap your arms around our loved ones and hug them until they feel your presence too. Warm their hearts with calmness. We thank you and we praise your Holy Name. Bless the Drill Instructors and families. In Jesus name, AMEN!

Just keep praying, praying, praying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home