Thursday, August 24, 2006

Thursday, August 24, 2006

T-51, day 66

20 days until family day.....

As I sit here, again at 3:50 am, evidently with no sleep forthcoming, excitement, new business and anxiety is robbing me of the needed rest. It feels like time is moving faster with Tim's graduation becoming imminent. His letter yesterday hinted at a couple of things that I picked up on. One, he hasn't received his dad's new newsletter, which if he wrote on Sunday, he probably wouldn't have received it yet as it was mailed on Thursday. He is still located on the training field barracks and will be returning to his normal barracks this weekend. From the various message boards I post to, there are several who have said mail tends to slow both incoming and outgoing because the recruits are very busy and mail has an extra processing time when they are not in normal barracks. I hope this changes when they move back to regular!!!

Training today will involve....

Day/night movement skills and detection
Rappelling
sand flea warfare(my thought)

I sent Tim a quick note Tuesday with a few of Sundays pictures inside. We went to lunch with Grandmaw and Grampaw at Harbor Inn. Tim loves their food. Many family members were there. Carol, Steve, Ethan, Andrew, Cassie, Josh, Vanessa, Madison, Grandmaw, Grandpaw, Forrest and myself. There was an empty seat where Tim would have sat. I got pictures of the seat and each person in attendance. Also, Andrew took a really good picture of his Shrimp dinner, which of course that would have been what Tim would have chosen. Josh and Madison both had very candid funny shots of the hush puppies hanging from their mouths. All these pictures I had done up in color and sent to Tim. He said he wanted pictures. Well he go 'em.
Cassie also posed for a cute shot in Andrews fire helmet and Madison had a couple of makeup application pictures he is sure to laugh at.



There is not ever a family gathering where Tim is not missed or not discussed. Everyone has been so supportive and constantly inquires about his progress. I just really wish he would give more details in his letters. Sometimes the letters are so vague and other times he pounces on a typical Tim topic and you can imagine him talking about it.

Well, I think I am getting drowsy finally. Of course it is almost time to get up and get ready for work. But I will try to sneak in a little shut-eye.

Just keep praying, praying, praying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home