Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Letter received 08/09/06

August 5, 2006

Hey everyone,
I am writing to you from the rifle range. It is day 35(training days) (halfway point) and we have spent the last week learning how to shoot our rifles. This monday we will start firing. We spend the entire day out on the range. It averages about anywhere from 95-110 degrees on the range. It's HOT.

Oh yeah, tell Amanda where I am at right now I could hop in a boat at the shore and be at Hilton Head within a few minutes.

This letter is being written on two different days. I didn't get to finish last night. This morning was not good. We started out good but we went to drill and screwed up bad. We made the senior DI angry. He sent us to the sand pit and then brought us back to the squadbay. He hasn't spoken to us since he went into his office. On a good note, we have the best PMI (primary marksman instructor) on the range. He makes learning about shooting fun and takes your mind off the heat. By the way I just found out that the hottest its been down here at the range was 112 degrees. OUCH! But anyways, I was getting used to the heat. It doesn't bother me too much. Now back to the PMI. He is not a drill instructor, in fact he never wants to be a drill instructor. He is pretty layed back. As soon as everything gets done we sit around and talk about everything.

I really miss you right now. I wish it was family day so I could see you. Shoot, I would settle for a phone call home just so I could hear your voice. Please write soon.

Love,
Tim

P.S. Night Mom, I love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home