Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Tuesday, August 1, 2006

T-31, day 43

44 days until family day on 9/14....

Today is the second day of grass week which is working with rifle and target practice. Tim is probably having the time of his life because he is playing with real guns!! The message boards keep mentioning that the Island (Parris Island) keeps getting red and black flagged. Which means rough weather, heat and humidity. During those flag times their schedules are flipped so that during the hottest part of the day, they are indoors in classrooms. Only early morning and late evening activities are done outdoors. This is a comfort to me. My temperature on the truck today said it was 101 degrees. Ouch! And we are 180+ miles north.

I struggle when I go a few days with no letters. At the conclusion of this week, we will be in the home stretch, halfway mark!! I sometimes can't tell if I am just hormonal or mourning the cutting of apron strings. Maybe I am psycho. I don't want to cook, clean or anything that requires movement.

Forrest is really cranking out the letters to Tim. He enjoys making them as much as Tim does receiving them. They look real professional, like news letters.

I sent Tim a couple of SASE yesterday, hoping it will prod him into writing. We will see.

So, I just...
Just keep praying, praying, praying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home