Sunday, August 06, 2006

Sunday, August 6, 2006

H6, Day 48

Today is Sunday. It is 4:43 am and I cannot sleep. Allergies are bothering me. Bills, jobs and stuff are playing a factor. Top all that with Tim being gone, and we have a perfect recipe for a mom over the edge. That would be me.

The house is quiet except for the resonating snore of a certain sleeping Papa upstairs. The refrigerator is also, buzzing. You never realize how noisy things are until you try to sleep or at least get sleepy. I can only imagine how bad this will be once Tim is deployed. I only hope that the lines of communication are more open. This total lack of phone, email or in person contact has got to be the longest days of my life.

Josh, our oldest boy, who is a firefighter answered a call yesterday in which it was a single car wreck and the car had been traveling at over 110 miles an hour. Single occupant. The car was starting to burn when the firetrucks got there. As my son pulled up as second on the scene, he realized there was a person trapped inside the burning car. His heart sank as the realization dawned of the prospect of this individuals surviving. He did not. They got the fire out after about 10-15 minutes. It took almost an hour to get the driver out. He was heavily injured. I think it really hit me how dangerous Joshuas job is. I also realized how much these scenes effect Josh. I can only imagine how Josh is sleeping tonight. God Bless him and give him peace.

With it being Sunday I am excited that this is the day Tim will write our next letter. It tends to be the only day he gets a chance. That of course means a Thursday or Friday delivery, depending on how fast he gets them mailed. :)

I wonder if he realizes the extreme impact this has had on the entire family? Even his married siblings have had major changes to their everyday life. We all worry. WE ALL PRAY!

I just keep praying, praying, praying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home