Thursday, August 03, 2006

Letter received 08/03/06

Dear Everyone,
Today is July 30, and I am writing to you from the rifle range barracks. We moved everything we had from our squadbay to this one in a few hours.

Some of the major things that happened recently are:
1. We got issued the service uniform (I especially like service dress uniform. Its really nice.)
2. We have also taken photos in the dress blue uniform. The pictures will come in a package, as well as in a company "yearbook". I ordered a photo package and two yearbooks. One book for me, the other for mom and dad. (don't worry, I'm paying for it all.) I also ordered a Marine Corps ring.

Friday, we had the official Physical Fitness test (PFT), my scores are as follows:
3 mile run, 25:50 minutes
Pullups, 7
Crunches, 75

The minimum standards are as follows:
3 mile run, 28:00 minutes
Pullups, 3
Crunches, 55

As you can see, I PASSED.

So as of right now my focus is on the rifle range. If I don't qualify then I get moved back two weeks. So pray for me.

That's all I have for now.

Love,
Tim

P.S. Night mom love you, and sorry I don't write enough.

3 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Blogger Daniele Marioli said...

Congratulation for yours wonderful family!
love from Italy!

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Teresa said...

Thank you so much. We are indeed proud of Tim. Thanks for remembering us.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Phillips said...

That's MY brother! I'm so proud of him.

Amanda Hueneke (Tim's big sis),
Charlotte, NC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home