Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Letter received 08/16/06

Hey Everyone,
How are things going at home? I've sort of been out of the loop since dad stopped sending me his newsletters. I enjoy those alot, especially the pictures, they make me feel closer to home.

Well its time for what you have been waiting for. The good news, I qualified. The bad news is that I only qualified as a marksman, which is the lowest level of qualification. But, it makes no difference because I can still shoot an enemy target in the head from 500 meters.

We are starting team week and that means we are either, cleaning for the Battalion Commander Inspection, doing various jobs around base or getting dental appointments. I might have to have my molars pulled. The good news is, as of today, I have only 31 days left. That means, one month left until I come home. I can't wait to see you.

Madison, thank you for that beautiful picture you sent me. I am going to hang it up in my locker for everyone to see.

We don't have very many things left to do here, but they are some of the MOST important. We have the inspections coming up, as well as the crucible. We have final drill and a 171 question test towards the end of training. After that, we have liberty sunday the week of graduation.(EXPECT A PHONE CALL HOME) The rest of the week we will be practicing for graduation and packing up. Oh yeah, to answer your question, yes I will be riding home with you after graduation, and I would like to leave as quick as possible. I NEED some grease food, so can we stop at TacoBell or McDonalds or Wendy's or something? Well I got to go. I love you all. Keep safe. Can't wait to see you.

Love
Timothy XXX

P.S. Dad, keep sending your news letters. I really enjoy those. And send lots of pictures.

P.P.S. Please send envelopes, stamps and a phone card for liberty sunday.

1 Comments:

At 8:29 PM, Blogger Phillips said...

Dad,

Told you he loves those letters. Let me know if you guys need help with the phone card.
Love, Manda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home